Corbett Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:07:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone Shot my Dog in the Face.  (Read 9713 times)
Trout Creek Sailor

« on: June 07, 2013, 10:21:06 AM »

Please help me find who did this:

On Saturday, June 1, my family and I were away for a wedding. Our dogs were at our house adjacent to Oxbow Park, on the Corbett side of the Sandy River. We own several acres which border the River and the park.

The Park is popular among fisherman and swimmers. There is no access in the summer on this side of the river, but people often park illegally and access the river.

My dogs are often below the house, in the floodplain, or in Trout Creek, on our private property. On Saturday afternoon, between 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM, my dear dog Raven, did not return from the floodplain. We posted lost dog notices -including in this forum -and sent flyers to every vet and shelter within miles.

Raven is a rescue dog, a German Shepherd mix. She is very loved by my young kids, my wife and I.

We did not find her until Monday night, 2 1/2 days after she went missing. When we did find her, she had been shot through the cheek. She was exhausted from blood loss and trauma and had lost significant weight. The bullet entered her cheek, shattering two small teeth behind her upper right canine and ricocheted into her rearmost, lower left molar, shattering that tooth and breaking her jaw in front of her temporomandibular joint. A large chunk of the bullet lodged in soft tissue in her jaw or tongue. Her lips and cheeks were swollen and damaged. A fragment of the bullet nearly cut her tongue in half; other fragments passed through her tongue.  The vet described her tongue as "swiss cheese". Another fragment of bone, tooth or bullet, it's not clear, exited her lower jowl and did nerve damage, leaving it slack and hanging.

She had one surgery Tuesday to suture her tongue and remove some fragments of tooth roots and another Wednesday to set her jaw. She should make a full recovery though if the bone does not mend properly, she will need to go have a third surgery to install a plate or bone graft to stabilize her jaw.

Someone pointed a gun at this dog I love. Someone pulled the trigger and shot her in the face. Someone else heard the shot, or saw this dog, or knows something about how this happened.  Whoever did this told someone about it. 

Please contact me with any information you have.  Reward for information leading to the identification and conviction of this criminal.

Thank you, David.  503 695 2693

* raven on back.jpg (166.6 KB, 330x375 - viewed 2269 times.)

* raven at home.jpg (36.67 KB, 177x285 - viewed 1536 times.)

* raven at beach.jpg (30.22 KB, 480x319 - viewed 1541 times.)

* rayray at home.jpg (30.34 KB, 600x398 - viewed 1539 times.)
lunamayah3

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 11:09:01 AM »

WHAT?!? This is jaw-dropping news!  I am in complete shock that someone could do this and am so sorry that Raven has had to endure such senseless pain. Sending wishes for a fast & smooth recovery. Hugs to you all.
kiwasyl

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »

So, so sorry for your doggie! Our pets are part of the family. We lost a dog recently. He was hit by a car.
Hope you find out who did this.
Trout Creek Sailor

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 10:17:45 AM »

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and support of Raven.  She had a third surgery yesterday to close a hole that had opened in her gums exposing the broken portion of her jawbone.  She is recovering nicely and is her regular, joyful, relaxed self again.  The latest X-rays showed what we could not see before -that there is a line of good bone in her jaw that is apparently responsible for the continued stability and functioning while the balance of the bone mends.  In other words, the bullet did not completely break her jaw, it just blew a portion off the bottom. 

This is great news and means that she will most likely not require further interventions once her mouth is completely buttoned up.  The vet had to cut some of her gums to get enough slack to close the hole yesterday, but said that the majority of the other trauma, to her tongue, to her gums, to her cheeks, was almost completely closed.   She is drinking a lot better nowadays.

Thanks again.  David.
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 06:08:15 AM »

SO glad to hear she will be OK and SOOOOOO terribly sorry this happened at all. Sad

lunamayah3

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 01:20:42 PM »

Thanks for sharing Raven's good news of healing! Best wishes for more of that... and a good, strong (and safe) life ahead of her!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: