Corbett Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:23:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rescued by Corbett Fire fighters!  (Read 4397 times)
davidingerson

« on: December 08, 2011, 10:23:21 PM »

Just wanted to make a public acknowledgement and say a great big THANKS to Rick and Seth and the other members of the Corbett Fire Department who took hours out of their Sunday evening almost four weeks ago to hike up into the Gorge and rescue me.  I'd fallen, ruptured my patellar tendon and couldn't walk.  They were quickly up the trail, effective in their treatment, and wonderfully friendly and personable.  It was a pleasure to be rescued by them!  Thank you guys for sharing your skills and time and energy so freely. 

I had landed hard (with my pack on) on my folded knee and hyper-flexed it, snapping the tendon right off the lower part of my kneecap.  (Yeah, I was dead wrong in my diagnosis of dislocation.)  They operated the next day and now, thanks to four tiny titanium bolts in my kneecap, I can already walk, stiff-legged and with the leg brace locked.  My recovery is progressing rapidly and by the first week of January, I'll be able to get rid of my leg brace!

Thanks, again!  You guys are great!

David Ingerson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: