Corbett Community Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:20:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burglary and suspicious car  (Read 10338 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: June 14, 2011, 07:11:28 PM »

Hello Corbett Residents and Affiliates,

Today we had 2 burglaries in Corbett (one was near Tippy Canoe and the other on Smith Road).  In one case a neighbor saw a suspicious man knocking on their door during the same time-frame but the man quickly left.  It may be unrelated, but please watch for the following:

VEHICLE- a red “sporty” 2-seater car.  Possibly a Mazda Miata.  Possibly a convertible.  Possibly an early to mid 2000s.

PERSON- the witness only saw 1 person.  A white male, possibly in his 40s, “casual clothes”, short blondish, wavy hair.  The person was carrying papers or a folder or clipboard.

Get a license plate if possible.  If the person says they are selling something, please ask to see their identification AND their driver’s license to match it to their work ID, if you feel comfortable doing so.  Otherwise try to get the plate.  Please write down the name/ ID# etc. and plate.

If you see this car and person, please leave me a voicemail message with the information (503-251-2502) AND call the non-emergency# (503-823-3333).

I’ve sent out information such as this in the past, so please try to reply only if you see this specific vehicle.

We had a couple of car break-ins today in the gorge about an hour after I had driven through the area.  In one case, a victim at the Oneonta Tunnel parked and then walked to the tunnel (within sight of her vehicle).  When she returned she realized she was a car-prowl victim!  It happens that fast.

I’ve attached the theft warning handout again too.

Thank you,
Deputy Joe Graziano
Corbett Community Resource Officer
Voicemail- 503-251-2502

* Do Not Leave Valuables Handout1.pdf (278.45 KB - downloaded 831 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: