Corbett Community Forum
March 18, 2024, 08:31:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: July 2010  (Read 4973 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: August 03, 2010, 03:22:58 PM »

Hello Corbett Residents and Affiliates,

I’ve attached the July crime log with a short narrative about recent Corbett activity. ( This can be found below on the link at the Corbettoregon.com forum where these notices are archived for the community. )

Also, just a reminder that Corbett’s 2nd National Night Out community safety event is tonight at the Corbett school from 6-8PM.  Various community and civic groups will have booths set up and there will be plenty of food!  It’s a potluck but we’ll also have some free soda and hotdogs.  If our K9 officer doesn’t have any calls, he plans to be there with “Varro” to put on a demonstration.  The Sheriff’s Office, fire department and I believe county roads will have equipment on display.  We’ll also have fingerprinting and a bicycle rodeo for the kids.

Also a special thank you to the “Friends of Multnomah Falls” for donating $500 to our newly formed Citizen Patrol volunteer group.  This money went directly towards the order of lime green traffic safety vests for each of our volunteers.  We aren’t up and running at 100% quite yet but they have gotten out at many of the parking lots and trailheads.  I’ve heard of a few incidents where suspicious looking persons decided to leave the area when the volunteers came into the area.  We have about 6 more people that are interested in joining the Citizen Patrol so we’ll plan to have another training class in the Fall when things slow down a bit.  If you’re interested please call or email and we’ll add you to the list.

“Bullet”, the owner of the Big Bear Market had offered to match Crown Point Refuse’s $1000 donation to go towards the building and purchase of a surveillance camera system.  This system will be used to help identify “car prowlers” in the gorge.  We can all see in the Crime Log how prevalent this crime is in the area.  This system will likely be built during the winter and it’s my hope that it’ll be in place by next summer. 

Deputy Joe Graziano
Corbett Community Resource Officer
Voicemail- 503-251-2502
Non-Emergency#- 503-823-3333

* 2010.7.pdf (144.85 KB - downloaded 972 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: