Corbett Community Forum
March 18, 2024, 10:37:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RECENT BREAK INS - CORBETT OREGON  (Read 6203 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Just and fyi for some recent activity.  The Reiters house on the NW corner of Corbett Hill Rd. and E Columbia was burglarized again in, I believe, the 2nd time in less than one year.   Numerous firearms and lots of other items were taken.  The guns were forcibly removed from a gun locker.  The front door was kicked in.  This occurred around 3PM on Thursday.  A citizen saw a black Toyota Camry (possibly w/ Washinton plates) driving out of the old school parking lot (where the old school burnt down) during the same time frame.  Lots of cars come and go w/ the newspaper drop box, so this vehicle is just a possibility.

Another citizen around 36000 block of NE Chamberlain (just west of Corbett Hll Rd.) reported that someone attempted to break into her house.  The front door was splintered around the deadbolt and the backdoor had some damage as well.  However no entry was made.

A third citizen on Hurlbert Rd. reported that he heard a vehicle pull into his driveway but he couldn’t see the car after it parked behind his own vehicle.  Two black male adults proceeded to try to open his outer storm door.  When the owner opened the inner door, the two males “turned quickly to leave”.  When asked what they wanted they told him that they wanted to do a floor cleaning demonstration.  The homeowner felt they were not legitimate sales people.

There may be another “burglar team” out there, but at this time I don’t have enough information to offer any verifiable facts.

I will be asking our all-volunteer Citizen Patrol group to step-up their patrols and keep a watchful eye. Please report anything suspicious that seems out of the ordinary.  At your discretion, please call either 911 or the non-emergency# at 503-823-3333. I would also ask that you either email me or leave me a voicemail message (503-251-2502) when you do make a report.  I would like to make sure everyone is sharing information to get the word out.

Thank you,
Deputy Joe “Rocky” Graziano
Corbett Community Resource Officer

* YOU CAN SEND PEOPLE TO THIS PAGE ON THE CORBETT FORUM OR PERHAPS MORE EASILY THIS PAGE ON THE CORBETTOREGON.COM WEB SITE: http://corbettoregon.com/local-resources/deputy-joe-rocky-graziano/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: