Corbett Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:52:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About this board  (Read 8759 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: April 03, 2010, 07:33:32 PM »

About our forum and this board on Corbett Schools

This web site was created in 2002. This site was built to help create community, not divide one. Corbett Schools are going through many changes and many people would like to have a place to discuss these changes or ask questions as it fits into their schedule. You can agree or disagree with any comment. This forum is open to the public and open to comment but please be respectful.

chris

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:24:38 PM »

I think the new Corbett Schools website looks great!  It looks like you did a great job.  The way it is organized and linked to other resources is very user friendly.  It must have been a lot of work.  It's unfortunate that it did not quite meet Mr. Dunton's expectations; however, with all due respect, I don't think he should have SLAMMED it like he did in his facebook comments.  If it doesn't have the content he would like to see, then perhaps he should have provided some, found other contributors, or talked to the website developer before taking it live.  He actually apologized for it, saying "sorry, we'll work on it."  I'd be quite offended if I spent my time and talent on it and this is the (public, no less) thanks I get.
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:02:57 PM »

Corbett School District New Web Site
First, thank you to all the people that have sent positive feedback about the new Corbett School District web site. For those that didn't know, the new site can be found here: http://www.corbett.k12.or.us

For those that missed the original post, here is what Mr. Dunton wrote on his blog after it launched. It was titled "Apologies".
New corporate look with pictures of kids I've never seen. More pictures than words. The elevation of images over ideas, of form over content, of style over substance. A perfect inversion of everything that I hope for our students. We'll work on it. Could take awhile. Sorry." Posted by Bob Dunton at 7:49 PM ( 4/4/10 )

In response:

1. I was approached to help build the new web site and did not seek it out.
2. I donated 100% of the build and tried to improve on what was there.
3. We did ask for 'site pictures' to use in the design and many parents offered them up. Unfortunately, there were problems obtaining permissions so I purchased stock photography as a courtesy to serve as placeholders until pictures were available.
4.  I included every bit of content I was given. The school has full control to change out pictures or add new copy as they wish.
5. This site is not perfect. I would never claim that. I do think it could be a good start to something better and have received plenty of feedback that supports that belief.

The Gist: I donated a new web site to my school district and my Superintendent waited until it went live to publicly lambaste it on his own blog. He was provided the same site mock-up back in January as everyone else and he never so much as replied.

"... And that's all I have to say about that. "--F. Gump

You can download the actual screenprint of Mr. Dunton's blog post below as a pdf.
A note about blogging: Once on the internet, always on the internet... regardless if you remove it from your blog later, or not.

* apologies.pdf (668.33 KB - downloaded 840 times.)

* csd.jpg (954.44 KB, 1295x1163 - viewed 464 times.)

familymatters

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:01:26 AM »

The new website is great. Yes it is a work in progress, as are many sites. For me, I loved that we could print the lunch menu! I know it is a simple thing but every day my child would get up and log in to see what was for lunch. Now he looks ahead and it is great. Thank you.
It is too bad that Mr. Dunton couldn't find the time to review your draft. Maybe he is too busy with his blog or should I say blogs. His charter school or will it now be charters? But he does like to judge. Thank you for your hard work. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: