Corbett Community Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:33:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: August 2009  (Read 5331 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: September 02, 2009, 06:19:44 AM »

Hello Corbett Citizens and Affiliates,

August was another very busy month for the Sheriff’s Office in the gorge area.  Last month we had several burglaries in the area and our detectives have indentified suspects in two of the incidents, however the investigation is still pending.  As is typical with the summer months we saw a lot of car break-ins.  I’m hoping that by next summer we can get a group of interested volunteers to stealth-fully monitor the hotspots.  If anyone is interested please let me know and we’ll try to start planning now or you can attend a NEMCCA meeting on the first Wednesday of each month at 9:30 AM at the fire station. NEMCCA is the N.E. Multnomah County Community Association.  All of the details would have to be worked out due to liability etc..

I have received calls from numerous citizens during the past few months about drug activity at certain houses in the area.  So far I’m finding that the medical marijuana grow card issue has really clouded things up!  Many people are growing but the temptation, I believe, is for them to sell it in excess of what their grow card allows.  In the past if I found someone to be growing it, it was an easy arrest.  Now, growers can grow it for other people if their grow card specifies them as a “caregiver”.  I’m am discovering many abuses with this and they are very difficult to prove.  So, if you have any information about these types of issues, please continue to monitor and report but please bear with us.  It simply takes a lot more work on our part.

Thank you,
Deputy Joe “Rocky” Graziano
Voicemail- 503-251-2502 

( See the link below in blue to download the report as a pdf. )

* 2009.8 by location.pdf (191.29 KB - downloaded 988 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: