Corbett Community Forum
March 18, 2024, 08:59:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2009  (Read 5592 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: February 15, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »

Hello Corbett Citizens and Friends,
I’ve attached the January 2009 Corbett Report Log.  Sadly, deputies responded to two suicides in the area.   I believe none were actual Corbett residents.  We also had numerous vehicle accidents and 4 vehicle break-ins.  3 of the 4 break-ins were at 1000 Acres (near the Sandy River, north of I84). 

The Sheriff’s Office has begun a new online “e-newsletter”. You can subscribe to the site and get the new updates.  The newsletter is county wide and covers all aspects of the Sheriff’s Office activities. To view the newsletter click on the link below.  If it doesn’t work then you’ll have to copy and paste the link in the internet browser:
http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs011/1102356663680/archive/1102361937905.html

If that still doesn’t work you can go to the Sheriff’s Office main website: www.mcso.us/public <http://www.mcso.us/public> and then click on the “e-newsletter” on the bottom of the left column.

During the Presidential Inauguration fourteen other deputies and I were honored to work the security detail in Washington DC.  It was a fast and cold trip and it seemed that we had to wake up each morning for flights, briefings or the event at 3AM.  Despite this, it was an amazing and unforgettable trip.  We stood side by side w/ over 3000 officers from around the country in a long line along Pennsylvania Blvd..  Our mission was to provide security during the Inauguration (the county was reimbursed by the Feds).  Security was extremely tight….checkpoints, radiation detectors, holographic security cards issued by the Secret Service and more checkpoints! Despite this, facing the crowd in 25-degree weather for about 14-hours was still exciting.   I’ve also attached a group photo of us “on the line” with the Capitol Building the background.

Thank you,
Joe Graziano
Corbett Community Resource Officer
Voicemail- 503-251-2502

* group.jpg (85.36 KB, 500x267 - viewed 1339 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: