Corbett Community Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:08:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime Prevention Hoax  (Read 7852 times)
smiley1

« on: February 24, 2008, 09:35:19 AM »

A couple of weeks ago we had someone walk out from behind our house in the middle of the day.  We live at the end of a dead end road. We called the Police and gave a good description of the person.  Early 20's, black hooded sweatshirt, carharts pants and a back pack.  He said he was just going for a walk.  Suspicious.

Friday as I drove down our road a blue beat up sports car with no back license plate drove up with 2 men in the car.  I didn't get a good look at them.   There were 2 men talking with our next door neighbors with jackets on that said CRIME PREVENTION on the back in big yellow letters.  The men headed on up the road and I asked my neighbor what that was about.  She said that they were trying to sell security systems.   She told them that no one in our neighborhood wanted any such thing.  She asked where their car was and they said their friends had dropped them off.  They had business cards.  This seemed very suspicious to us and I just thought I would send out a warning to others in Corbett that a scam may be happening. I have not called the non-emergent police number but think I will today just so they know.
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:21:47 PM »

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!
Good to know...

Otterpop

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »

Good on you for sharing! This is EXACTLY what the forum should be used for. Where in Corbett were they? It sounds like they're casing houses. Don't feel hesitant to call 911 in such a situation: if police know about this when it's happening it can help deter crime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: