Corbett Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:10:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Traffic and Noise-FOLLOW UP  (Read 3995 times)
johnR

« on: August 03, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »

Last month a comment that I made about air traffic and the noise associated with it was posted on the Corbett blog. The last time I looked well over 150 people had logged on to read it which leads me to believe that I am not the only one who is concerned about the airplanes and noise pollution in our community. I went to the meeting last month at the airport to see how noise complaints are handled. I was told that they pay more attention when they get a large number of complaints from many different individuals. It was stated that more attention is paid when 50 people call to complain as compared to 1 person calling 50 separate times. Chronic complainers are put into a separate sub category and I don't no how much attention is even given to them. With this in mind I would encourage anyone to call the numbers below if you have any complaints or concerns. Also encourage your neighbors to call as well if they feel the same way. It's worth a try.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Jason Schwartz, Noise Manager, 503.415.6068
Lisa Timmerman, Environmental Outreach Manager, 503.415.6047

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: