Corbett Community Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:54:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: April Report here!  (Read 5315 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: June 01, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »

Hello Corbett Residents and Affiliates,

This is the April Corbett crime log (yes, it’s a month late).  The police and fire agencies in the metro area transferred over to a new dispatching system and there were a few glitches along the way.  The May crime log should be out within the next day or two.

The crime log attachment opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader.  If your computer won’t open it, you can download the program for free (http://get.adobe.com/reader/).

This past month (May) we’ve seen a rise in metal theft.  I’ve spoken with a local scrap yard and it’s not uncommon for a scrapper to make $100 or more on a pickup truck load of scrap metal.  We’ve had reports that some scrappers contact the homeowner and ask permission to remove scrap metal.  On other occasions some victims didn’t realize they were a theft victim until days later.  The metal may be true scrap that has no other purpose or it may be a very costly item to replace.   

One citizen spooked a would-be scrapper the day after his metal had been stolen from his shop.  The scrapper quickly made a  U-turn when he realized the shop owner was in the building. 

Please report this type of suspicious activity to either 911 or the non-emergency#- 503-823-3333.  You may also leave me a message at my voicemail.

* BELOW ARE PDFs of both the crime log report AND a metal theft informational brochure *

Thank you,
Deputy Joe Graziano
Corbett Community Resource Officer
Voicemail- 503-251-2502

* Metal Theft Flyer.pdf (291.24 KB - downloaded 829 times.)
* 2011.4.pdf (222.29 KB - downloaded 896 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: