Corbett Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:55:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: October 2010  (Read 5402 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: November 01, 2010, 06:54:04 PM »

Hello Corbett Citizens and Affiliates,

I’ve attached the October crime log.  ( Below )

We’ve recently had a few naturally occurring deaths of Corbett residents.  It’s always sad to lose a member of the community, especially in a tight knit community like Corbett.

It looks like the hectic summer season is finally closing in regard to our huge summer call-load.  Vehicle break-ins, or “car prowls” in cop language, has increased in the gorge area parking lots and trailheads over the past three Octobers:

2- October 2008
9- October 2009
27- October 2010

Despite this huge increase, the number of July incidents on the crime log was one page less than last July.  I’m not sure of the correlation.  This is just something I noticed.   Another deputy and I are working on some plans for some targeted patrols in the gorge for next summer, however a planning consideration hinges on available personnel and volunteers.   I’ve also included a short article about our newly formed Citizen Patrol for our Sheriff’s Office newsletter. Here’s the article:

CITIZEN PATROL WRAPS UP 1ST SEASON

The newly formed Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Citizen Patrol completed its first summer season, logging over 325 patrol hours between July and August.  The first patrols hit the streets on July 5th and they will remain active throughout the year. The volunteers patrol in pairs and they utilize their own vehicles at their own expense.  The primary mission is to be a visible deterrent to crime in the gorge area parking lots and trailheads.    These areas are routinely hit with car break-ins and thefts, especially during the summer months.   

The Citizen Patrol currently consists of 26 volunteers with several more applicants in the background check process.  Patrol members must complete training that includes observation techniques, the reporting process, handling confrontation and insuring their own personal safety.  Many of the volunteers said they also acted as ambassadors to the numerous tourists seeking directions and other advice.

We concluded our first busy summer season with a nice recognition event hosted by the Springdale Job Corps.  They provided food and beverages to honor our volunteers for assisting the community.  We discussed our first summer season in regard to making things even better and more efficient for future patrols. 

The Big Bear Market owners, Mr. and Mrs. Bhullar, were also presented with a framed thank you letter for their generous donation of $1000.  This money will go towards the purchase of a surveillance camera system to assist in apprehending gorge area thieves.  The owner of Crown Point Refuse, Randy Burbach, had also previously donated $1000 as well as the Wood Village Wal-Mart; $500, and the Friends of Multnomah Falls; $500.  The Multnomah Falls manager, Rick Buck, and the owner of the Corbett Country Market, Susan Leigh, also donated vouchers for food or soda.  We would like to thank everyone for their support in getting our all-volunteer Citizen Patrol up and running!

Thank you,

Deputy Joe “Rocky” Graziano

Corbett Community Resource Officer

Voicemail- 503-251-2502

24-Hour Non-Emergency- 503-823-3333

* 2010.10.pdf (70.56 KB - downloaded 878 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: