Corbett Community Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:23:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: September 2010  (Read 5129 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: October 04, 2010, 12:42:22 PM »

Hello Corbett Citizens and Affiliates,
I’ve attached the September Corbett Crime Log.  Last week the Corbett Middle School was burglarized for the 3rd time in two years during the night.  Numerous laptops and digital cameras were stolen and some of the classroom doors were kicked-in.  Two teenage suspects were later arrested and then released pending a court date.  The suspects were not enrolled as students at the school.  They are cooperating with us in tracking-down the stolen property.

Just a reminder for those of us that store our valuables in a safe.  Even a heavy, four-hundred pound safe can be moved with several people and a dolly or small cart.  If it’s not bolted to the floor or later surrounded by a framed wall, it can simply be rolled away the same way that it arrived.  A heavy safe was recently found dumped along the road and I could see that some simple tools were likely used to open it. Although I’m sure it was time consuming, the valuables inside were extracted and the thief probably felt that it was worth his time in labor.

Deputies were also involved in a stolen vehicle pursuit in the gorge after a vehicle break-in.  Additionally, you can see that there were still numerous break-ins.  Our Citizen Patrol volunteers have been out and they’ve reported that some suspicious persons seem to quickly leave the area when they arrive.  However, it’s an on-going battle and we encourage people not to leave valuables in their cars.

Deputy Joe “Rocky” Graziano
Corbett Community Resource Officer

* 2010.9.pdf (118.56 KB - downloaded 887 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: