Corbett Community Forum
March 18, 2024, 06:59:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: October 2009  (Read 6113 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: November 02, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »

Hello Corbett Residents and Affiliates,
I’ve attached the crime log for October as well 1-year’s worth of crime logs sorted by incident and another one sorted by location.  I’m not as handy with compiling charts and stats as I thought I’d be, so for now one of our clerical personnel will be helping me with some charts or stats help us analyze average vehicle break-in days/times.

Sadly, one of our search and rescue volunteers, Don Gomez, died during a training exercise.  Further information about the incident can be viewed at: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2009/10/search_and_rescue_instructor_d.html
Don was a tremendous asset to our agency and he volunteered a lot of his time to helping with all of the search and rescue operations that you see listed each month.

There was a “road rage” incident a couple of weeks ago on Haines Rd. in which a man did not like how someone was driving.  The people in the other car stopped and confronted the man, who in turn purportedly aimed a firearm at the individuals.  The man was cooperative with deputies.  He was charged with Menacing (placing another person(s) in fear of imminent danger).

Lastly, this week I was lucky enough to attend a 1-day terrorism training class.  The instructor had inside knowledge of the Beslan school siege in Russia in 2004 in which countless men, women and children were killed.  His message to us is that we should be vigilant and report anything that strikes us an odd or suspicious.  In the Beslan tragedy, there were numerous citizens that had seen odd occurrences leading up to the attacks but these incidents went unreported.   So please do report anything that doesn’t seem quite right.  It may be a suspicious car, increased activity in an area, a person walking in a place that is out of the ordinary etc..  It could be anything.  Please report it.  We don’t mind; it’s our job to respond.

Thank you,
Deputy Joe Graziano
Voicemail- 503-251-2502

* Sept 2008-09 by location.pdf (462.82 KB - downloaded 1004 times.)
* Sept 2008-09 Logs by Incident.pdf (459.85 KB - downloaded 1931 times.)
* 2009.10.pdf (28.69 KB - downloaded 1012 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: