Corbett Community Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:23:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vehicle accidents  (Read 5352 times)
Mariel

« on: August 26, 2009, 02:35:17 AM »

A response triggered by the bike path discussion.  Seems like there have an awful lot of serious accidents out here, many in spots that I have to drive every time I go to town.  I have driven on the high road going down, for a long time.  It is a bit faster that way and avoids that nasty blind Job Corps corner, which people do cut.  I will now be taking the high road both ways.  Coming home tonight, there were 3 cars coming down.  The middle one started to pass just as I was nearing that corner.  If he had not seen me, and pulled back in, there would have been yet another very nasty accident, possibly fatal.  Bicycles aren't the only problem out here!
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »

Glad you are OK.

Our family just makes it a habit to go up and around. ( both ways ) We have called it "DEAD MANS CURVE" for years. It is really sad now, that there have been several fatalities.... It is scary.

For some reason I notice a lot of people 'driving outside the lines' out this way. I don't quite get it. Hoping they aren't all under the influence... and are just lazy or something... I don't know... I usually have kids in the car and it really bothers me... but really, what can we do? Just ask everyone to mind their speed and please pay attention to the roads.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: