Corbett Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MARCH MEETING NOTES  (Read 1995 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator

« on: June 06, 2020, 03:06:59 PM »

Thanks to Victoria Purvine, President of NEMCCA for the below notes.

The April Safety Meeting was done by asking the agencies to write in a report for us to present. I would like to say Thank You to the agencies that responded to our request.

MultCo Roads: Road Maintenance is focusing on essential work, that is--signs associated with 'Ball Banking' results, drainage. to ward off emergencies, and vac sweeping. This is due to the social distancing priority and the staggered reporting we are currently acknowledging. Pavement repairs, are on hold until further notice.

As for the Planning and Development group - we are continuing to review land use applications if/when they come in and continuing to issue right of way permits over the phone and email. Several planning activities are continuing to move forward, albeit more slowly.

ODOT.
- Prior to the State Parks and US Forest Service closure order, ODOT placed no parking barricades up and down the Historic Highway as people were parking on both sides of the road and creating safety hazards for through traffic while trying to hike at Angel’s Rest. This is in the section just west of the current closure (at Bridal Veil). I’ve attached ODOT’s press release for folks who haven’t already heard.
- Additionally, to support our partners at the US Forest Service, we’ve closed the I-84 exit at Multnomah Falls (Exit 31).
- Maintenance crews have also added no parking signage and no parking sandwich boards along the I-84 ramp on the north side of the highway just west of the entrance to Sandy River Delta due to the parking overflow, and to keep people from parking there and walking into the closed park.
- This week we removed hazard trees alongside the Historic Highway near Horsetail Falls
- Kent and his crew is taking this opportunity to do some brushing along the Historic Highway while it is closed

No update on the length limit restrictions at this time, still waiting to hear when our sign crews will be out switching up the signs. I have not had anyone contact me regarding needing a permit for an over length vehicle. If you could remind folks, that would be great.
The Historic Highway Advisory Committee meeting on 3/26 has been cancelled, we’ll reevaluate shortly and see if we can do a virtual meeting or not.
The Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) open house scheduled for 4/6 in Cascade Locks has been cancelled, but there is an online open house, available until April 10th. The STIP is how we (ODOT) distribute/program our federal transportation funds, and the cycle is every 4 years. The projects on this list would occur in 2021-2024. Feel free to send this link to folks who may be interested: http://openhouse.oregondot.org/openhouse/oregon-draft-stip

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: