Corbett Community Forum
September 20, 2017, 11:11:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FIRE SAFETY ALERT FROM THE CORBETT FIRE DEPARTMENT  (Read 966 times)
www.corbettoregon.com
ADMIN
Administrator
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 753


« on: December 29, 2016, 07:27:06 PM »

In the last month the Corbett Fire Department has experienced two house fires with the loss of both homes and the loss of one life. KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING DURING THE COLD WEATHER. Check your heating devices because this is the time of year that heating devices cause the most fires. CO (carbon monoxide) is another major cause of death in the winter.  During power outages be sure that generators and barbeques are outside. During the holiday season candles are used and on New Year’s Day candles are a leading cause of house fires! CHECK YOUR SMOKE AND CO DETECTOR AND SEE IF THEY ARE WORKING. Give your family a present and conduct your house escape plan. Remember, that you need two ways to escape your home. In the next week the temp is to get down in the “teens” with the east wind blowing. Now is the time to take some precautions. Stay safe. –CORBETT FIRE DEPARTMENT.


http://firedistrict14.corbettoregon.com/chiefs-corner/
Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.14 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!