Corbett Community Forum
January 21, 2019, 08:06:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 1 
 on: January 09, 2019, 12:31:05 PM 
Started by www.corbettoregon.com - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com


See the crime report below attached in blue.
 
If you have problems opening the crime log, Adobe Reader may not be installed on your computer.  
To download Adobe Reader go to: http://get.adobe.com/reader/  and click "download".


Web Site
The Sheriff's Office Citizen Patrol volunteer unit has a website with information and photos about the program: www.mcsocp.com.

Corbett Community Resource Officer- Deputy Joe Graziano
Email- joseph.graziano@mcso.us       Cell: 503-849-1206, M-TH

Emergencies- 911

24-Hour Non-Emergency Dispatch - 503-823-3333

Corbett School Resource Officer- Deputy Rafael Cortada
 Email- Rafael.cortada@mcso.us        School: 503-261-4200/ 4226

Citizen Patrol Volunteer Coordinator- Deputy Joe Kaiser
 Email- joe.kaiser@mcso.us                www.mcsocp.com


 2 
 on: January 04, 2019, 09:32:33 AM 
Started by Victoria - Last post by Victoria
Northeast Multnomah County Community Association

ODOT: They are doing routine deicing of the roads and have completed the scheduled tree removal on I-84, these trees were being watched to see if they would recover instead of cutting in the first clearing of fire damaged trees.
Work is continuing on the Eagle Creek slide area, they have removed approximately 200 yards of mud and there have been some trail closures in relation to the sliding.
The January 23rd Congestion Meeting that was scheduled to be held at ODOT's Region 1 office may be delayed due to the government shut down. They are doing the presentation in conjunction with the Forest Service and they are not currently available. There will be more information on the project available soon on line.

Oregon State Parks:
The Dabney kitchen shelter repairs are going well. The shelters will be about the size of a picnic table and will be equipped with electric so visitors can plug in a crock pot or small appliance, the shelter will also allow for some cover in inclement weather.
The Gorge Ranger position was left vacant eleven years ago but has just been filled. This will allow for a designated ranger in the Gorge and seasonal rangers will be able to assist more at the Vista House. Having a designated ranger will also bolster the coverage at the Vista House with MCSO.
As many know, there have been issues with the drainfield at the Vista House and with over 2,000,000 people visiting each year, State Parks is looking at new options to handle the bathroom situation. In the process right now is a four stall, uni-sex bathroom at the Women's Forum, which is a half a mile from the Vista House. The grassy field to the West of the forum is where the bathroom would be located, with space for bus parking in the center. Parks and ODOT are working together to move the entrance away from the corner to improve line of sight and safety and Land Use and the NSA are also working with them. The building will be site appropriate, not a CXT. Construction is estimated to be complete by May 2021.
The Vista House is getting its HVAC updated. Currently the volunteers are freezing in the winter and roasting in the summer, and the condensation on the inside of the building is running into thousands of dollars of repair. Right now the load testing has been done and the designers are working to come up with the most efficient and least noticeable solution. Right now it looks like the first parking spot off the building will be used for the exterior components with a brown fence surround to protect it and keep it from view. There is geo-thermal at the Vista House, but it was done when the building was closed during the winter and was rated to keep the building at 50 to keep pipes from freezing. The project is expected to run between $150,000-$250,000.
There will be a meeting on January 17 with SHIPO regarding Shepards Dell. The stairs are not considered safe and because they are more than 50 years old they need to make sure they meet historical standards in looks. They are three months into the expected six months review with the NSA for the steps repair.

Corbett Water District Commissioners report: The next CWD board meeting will be on January 15 at 6:30 at the fire hall. All are invited to attend. They will be addressing the recent water main break along Grange road and how to improve communication with the community. The water district serves 1,100 homes and 550 received personal phone calls. Kudos to all the hard working staff both out in the field, and those behind the desk.

Multnomah County Roads: Routine maintenance.

Sandy River Delta/ Thousand Acres: Volunteers are not currently allowed to work with the shut down because they fall under employees for workers comp.

NEMCCA: Thank you to ODOT for the repairs on the Scenic Highway, follow up on large pothole at Job Corp corner.
Multnomah County Transportation came to the recent board meeting and presented on the Capital Improvements Plan, they will also be presenting at the Planning Commission meeting on the 7th for those who would like to attend. Discussion around the mention that the Sandy River Bridge is looking to be replaced. This could be a few years off and right now there is talk about making the bridges one way. The bridges are not on truck routes, but truckers who are using personal devices are not getting that information. Some are being cited, but not all as that is a law enforcement issue, not an ODOT or MultCo. One of the truckers who was recently cited was 20,000 over posted weight. There was a truck who got stuck at Shepard's Dell this past month, he was also over hours and had to leave the truck there, he was escorted out by Citizen's Patrol once he was allowed to drive.
Brief update from MCSO who was unable to attend. Citizen's Patrol is now being managed by Deputy Kaiser, they have received several thousand dollars for equipment recently thanks to the great amount of effort from Emergency Management. This includes a hand held FLIR thermal unit to locate injured persons who may not be readily visible. The Corbett crime log will come out next week.

Citizen's Patrol: Currently they are only able to patrol during daylight hours except for special events like Fourth of July and school dances. They are looking to expand their hours to assist MCSO until all vacant positions are filled.

MultCo Emergency Management: They have two new planners coming on soon, will try to attend the next Water District meeting to offer services.

MultCo Health Code Enforcement: Rental housing inspections for unincorporated Multnomah County has fallen to their department.
There have been more recreational vehicles parked on private and public land. The parking on private land is a Land Use issue, unless there is a problem with the septic or trash accumulating, then it is Health's issue.
There are some leads on the person who has been leaving bags of fecal matter along the roads in Corbett. They are working with MCSO on this issue.

December notes are not available, I was unable to attend the meeting due to work conflict. If you have any questions please let us know, you can also reach us at : NEMCCA@outlook.com

 3 
 on: December 31, 2018, 06:13:00 AM 
Started by www.corbettoregon.com - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com
Free Native Plants Workshop at the Grange on January 9th - 6-8PM. Hosted by the Columbia Grange with @EMSWCD Sign up today at https://emswcd.org/workshops-and-events/upcoming-workshops/all-events/ruralnp/

 4 
 on: December 28, 2018, 07:40:01 AM 
Started by www.corbettoregon.com - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com
Please see attached Boil Water Notice.
Please visit: http://www.corbettwaterdistrict.com for up to date information.

In addition to the roads below... The following roads have been added to the Boil Water Notice:
Lucas, Curtis, Springhill and Reed


 5 
 on: December 28, 2018, 07:06:33 AM 
Started by www.corbettoregon.com - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com
Just a reminder that January's meeting is Wednesday, the 2nd, 9:30am at the Corbett Fire Hall. Have a safe and Happy New Year, and see you then.

* These meetings provide for an exchange of information by community members (and the groups they're involved in) with agencies of the state and county that affect our everyday life in east Multnomah County. Questions? Email David Mysinger at : bullinthegorge@yahoo.com.

 6 
 on: December 06, 2018, 12:25:29 PM 
Started by www.corbettoregon.com - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com
Next Group Meeting for Independent Citizens for Sustainable School Solutions (IC3S) will be Monday, December 10th at the Bridal Veil Church in Springdale (125 Lucas Rd. ) (Fire Hall has drill night on Monday). Meeting will be held 7 - 8:30pm. Agenda will be posted soon. This meeting is open to the public and meeting minutes will be posted to our website afterwards . (https://sites.google.com/view/ic3s/home)

Agenda:
1. Opening & Updates
Sharing community requests, recommendations & feedback
Update - upcoming dates for Board meetings & Special Board meetings
Update from Rob Saxton
2. Discussion: Revisiting the conversation about charter district discussions, questions
and information documentation
3. Discussion: Content and delivery in most recent school newsletter & recent email
sent from Dr. Trani to district families about the end of open enrollment and the
discussion about charter district formation.
4. Discussion: Idea & potential planning of informational Q & A sessions in January and
February about basic understanding of ODE funding: terms and definitions, as well as
laws and funding structures that will be important to understand prior to hearing Rob
Saxton's report.
5. Planning ahead for February community meetings - reporting back with information
from Corbett Community Church & next steps/arrangements.
6. Next Steps & Delegating tasks

 7 
 on: December 05, 2018, 11:26:30 AM 
Started by www.corbettoregon.com - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com


See the crime report below attached in blue.


The Sheriff's Office Citizen Patrol volunteer unit has a website with information and photos about the program: www.mcsocp.com.
 
If you have problems opening the crime log, Adobe Reader may not be installed on your computer.  To download Adobe Reader go to: http://get.adobe.com/reader/  and click "download".

Corbett Community Resource Officer- Deputy Joe Graziano
Email- joseph.graziano@mcso.us       Cell: 503-849-1206, M-TH

Emergencies- 911

24-Hour Non-Emergency Dispatch - 503-823-3333

Corbett School Resource Officer- Deputy Rafael Cortada
Email- Rafael.cortada@mcso.us        School: 503-261-4200/ 4226

 8 
 on: November 30, 2018, 04:02:36 AM 
Started by www.corbettoregon.com - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com

Just a reminder that December's meeting is Wednesday, the 5th, 9:30am at the Corbett Fire Hall.

These meetings provide for an exchange of information by community members (and the groups they're involved in) with agencies of the state and county that affect our everyday life in east Multnomah County. Questions? Email David Mysinger at : bullinthegorge@yahoo.com.


 9 
 on: November 27, 2018, 11:29:41 AM 
Started by www.corbettoregon.com - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com
Next Group Meeting for Independent Citizens for Sustainable School Solutions (IC3S) will be listed here:
https://sites.google.com/view/ic3s/home/updates?authuser=0

From the Monday, December 10th meeting at the Bridal Veil Church in Springdale (125 Lucas Rd. )
:

Meeting will be held 7 - 8:30pm. Agenda will be posted soon. This meeting is open to the public and meeting minutes will be posted to our website afterwards . (https://sites.google.com/view/ic3s/home)

Agenda:
1. Opening & Updates
Sharing community requests, recommendations & feedback
Update - upcoming dates for Board meetings & Special Board meetings
Update from Rob Saxton
2. Discussion: Revisiting the conversation about charter district discussions, questions
and information documentation
3. Discussion: Content and delivery in most recent school newsletter & recent email
sent from Dr. Trani to district families about the end of open enrollment and the
discussion about charter district formation.
4. Discussion: Idea & potential planning of informational Q & A sessions in January and
February about basic understanding of ODE funding: terms and definitions, as well as
laws and funding structures that will be important to understand prior to hearing Rob
Saxton's report.
5. Planning ahead for February community meetings - reporting back with information
from Corbett Community Church & next steps/arrangements.
6. Next Steps & Delegating tasks



IC3S Group members will be meeting on Wednesday at the Fire Hall from 7 - 8:30pm.  Our agenda is attached.

This will be a meeting with IC3S members, Rob Saxton will not be there. This meeting is open to the public, and meeting minutes will be posted on our website afterwards.  

We recognize this is short notice - due to holiday schedules and a busy week of meetings last week, we were not able to post much notice time. One of our action items for the evening is to plan meeting dates in advance for the next few months.

Also, an update - the questionnaire that Rob Saxton passed out at the Nov. 15th community meeting is now available on our website.
I have also attached the document to this email. You can fill this out and/or share it with someone, and send it directly to Rob Saxton.  
Email : robsaxtonconsult@gmail.com
Mailing address:  Rob Saxton 15287 SW Highpoint Dr. Sherwood, OR 97140

Please share this questionnaire with folks who would like to share their input with Rob Saxton. Thank you in advance.

As always, feel free to email questions/feedback.
Best regards,
Mikaila on behalf of IC3S

---

NOTE

From their web site: " IC3S is decidedly not a committee of the Corbett School Board contrary to what was stated in the most recent 4.2 Action Item of the October Board meeting agenda. We were not appointed by the Board, nor will we be making recommendations to the Board. The District has hired Rob Saxton to make recommendations to the Board. IC3S is an independent citizens group who the Board agreed will be the Project Managers of this scope of work performed by Rob Saxton. The Board voted in favor of this contract, scope of work and arrangement with full knowledge that IC3S is an independent citizens committee and not a committee of the Board. Although we are not a committee of the board, our plans moving forward are to follow public meeting laws as a standard. improvement of district spending and programming.  IC3S is serving as the voluntary Project Managers for the process and Scope of Work that Rob Saxton is carrying out. "

 
For more information, check out website:

https://sites.google.com/view/ic3s


Contact IC3S group via email at:

ic3sfeedback@gmail.com

 10 
 on: November 23, 2018, 06:55:59 AM 
Started by Victoria - Last post by www.corbettoregon.com
Thank you for posting this Victoria!


Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.14 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!