GRANGE HALL ADDRESS:
37493 Grange Hall Road, Corbett OR 97019 [ Select here for a map! ]
GRANGE HALL RENTAL
Contact the Grange by email here: email@example.com
You may also call the Columbia Grange and leave a voice mail:
503-695-2200 ….. or call Grange Board member Caroline Oakley directly at 503-282-8091.
GRANGE HALL OFFICERS
Grange Master (President): Maureen Michelson
Overseer (Vice President) : Katie Coppoletta
Treasurer : Timothy (Tim) Calderbank
Secretary : Callie Uleners
Lecturer : Carol Mollet
Steward : Sonia Arion
Chaplain : Donna Hardman
COLUMBIA GRANGE EVENTS
• Monthly Grange Meetings, the second Tuesday at 7pm ( Columbia Grange Playgroup every Tuesday from 1pm to 3pm for kids (and their parents) to meet at the Grange Hall and play! )
• Farmers’ Potluck Dinner at the Grange hall ( Friday, January 30, 2015 from 6pm to 8pm. A great time for farmers in the area to gather and socialize with one another. Contact Grange Board member, Katie Coppoletta, for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Grange at 503-695-2200. )
• Valentine’s Day dance and dessert feast at the Grange Hall ( Saturday, February 14, 2015. Socializing and desserts begin at 6pm. There will be live music and dancing from 7pm to 9pm, plus crafts for the children to make valentines. The Grange welcomes all community members! Donations at the door accepted, but not required. )
• “Rural Skills,” a series of workshops sponsored by the Columbia Grange, will begin with a workshop on Beekeeping in March 2015. The exact date to be announced. These workshops will be open to the community, and will address a number of rural interests, including “Rainwater Harvesting,” “Emergency Preparedness,” “Identifying Native Plants–Invasive & Toxic Plants,” “Wildlife Habitat Design and Tax Incentives,” and more.
• National Grange Month Activities in April 2015 (More info to come)
• Helping Hands Food Distribution Program: Monday & Thursday, 2 to 6pm
• Seniors’ Lunch, every Monday from 11am to 1pm
HOW YOU CAN HELP
The Grange is a great place to get involved with community projects, assist families in need, and have fun, celebrating the rural lifestyle.
• Become a grange member
Individual membership is $40, and will increase to $45 beginning January 1, 2015. A family membership is $90. Email the Grange for a membership form: email@example.com
• Become a Volunteer or Officer!
Assistance is welcome in the following areas: Helping Hands Food Program, Grange renovations, and creation of Welcome Baskets. If you would like to become a Volunteer, please contact the Columbia Grange at : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grange is a 501(c)(8) non-profit organization. Your monetary donation is tax deductible. • Other Donations
Fresh Farm/Garden Produce, Equipment and other donations are welcome. If you would like to donate, please contact the Columbia Grange at : email@example.com ———————————————————————————————————————–
ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF OUR GRANGE
• Student Scholarships: Corbett High School, Gales Creek Camp for Diabetic Children. • Food distribution program. ( Helping Hands ) • Seniors’ lunch. ( Helping Hands ) • Meeting Hall (On a rental basis). • Community-wide events’ sponsor.
Select here to find out about the Helping Hands Food Salvage program.
Supports local Granges and links them to the National Grange.
• Established in 1867 to empower, educate and lobby for family farms; nation’s oldest national agricultural organization. • School lunch and milk programs. • Free rural mail delivery. • U.S. Parcel Post creation. • Facilitated delivery of rural electric and phone utilities. • Championed Social Security for farmers and other self-employed. • Prompted creation of Interstate Commerce Commission.