Candidate for Corbett School Board Director, Janet Ruddell
My name is Janet Ruddell. I’m a candidate for Corbett School District’s Board of Directors, Position 3, during the upcoming May 21st Special Election.
For more than a dozen years, my family and I have lived in Corbett. Corbett is much more than a small town, it’s an amazing community and we love living here. I’m the mother of three sons. My oldest son is a high school teacher and football coach. My tenth grade son is a sophomore at Corbett High School. My youngest son attends second grade.
My experience & knowledge
- Attended Corbett School Board meetings regularly for the past several years. This has given me a solid understanding of the functioning of the school board, as well as keeps me current with all of the noteworthy topics facing our schools today.
- Appointed by Superintendent Randy Trani to Corbett’s Facilities Planning Committee & serve as an active member. Our team will continue to work together & after receiving input from the community will make recommendations to the school board.
- Employed by the Portland School District (PPS), the largest district in Oregon, for 26+ years.
My current position is Data Analyst/School Placements for the PPS Enrollment & Transfer Center.
My responsibilities include:
- School choice transfers – Analyst & technical lead for annual transfer lotteries for elementary, middle & high school students (resident & non-resident)
- Inter-District student transfers –Track student transfers into & out of PPS
- House Bill 3681 & Online Charter schools – Track student enrollment
- Student information systems – Create & maintain relational databases to capture & track student data
- Website – Create & maintain webpages for PPS
My top priorities
- Transparency & community involvement
- Facilities & safety
- School funding & fiscal responsibility
If elected, I promise to
- Advocate for students, parents & community
- Seek input from the Corbett community
- Support teachers, staff & Superintendent
- Act responsibly & respectfully at all times
The Corbett School District continues to experience escalating costs, school funding issues, and many of our facilities are in need of repair or replacement. In the midst of these challenging economic times, effective communication and transparency will be key. I believe I have the knowledge, experience, commitment and passion to serve the Corbett School Board, as well as the students, staff, administration and community.
Vote Janet Ruddell, Corbett School District’s Board of Directors, Position 3
We have strong schools now. Let’s make them stronger!
We have safe schools now. Let’s make them safer!
Official Voters Pamphlet Statement
For more than a dozen years my family and I have lived in Corbett. After several years of renting, I’m now a Corbett homeowner. I’m the mother of three sons. My oldest son is a certified high school teacher currently tutoring Indian Education students full time in Montana and coaching football. My tenth grade son attends Corbett High School, and my youngest son attends second grade.
The Corbett School District continues to experience escalating costs, school funding issues, and our middle school is in dire need of major repairs or replacement. In the midst of these challenging economic times, effective communication and transparency will be key.
For 26 years I’ve worked for the largest school district in the state – Portland Public Schools. I believe the knowledge and experience I’ve acquired during that time has prepared me to serve on the Corbett School Board. If elected, I promise to be an advocate for the students, parents and community, and promote fiscal responsibility.
Please vote for Janet Ruddell, School Board Director.